Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Teams

Ever worked with people who were insecure? I've worked with many of them. Many people think that working with children is easy to do when in fact it's quite hard. Many people think dealing with children is about telling children what to do and them going to do it, but it's not. I've worked with many people who thought they were as good at their job (if not better) as me. It instead has brought out their insecurities.

When working with children the staff is made up of the babysitter's of the world. Ego's get big as everyone thinks their way of doing something would be the best way to do something. I've made a lot of my co-workers mad as they've been trying to deal with a child, I then given a suggestion and it works. These co-workers have been so busy trying to prove they were as good as me (if not better), that they didn't learn from me. I don't say that to boast. I say that because we all have things we need to learn when it comes to being able to do our job well and if we don't learn from those who know something we don't we only get resentful toward that co-worker.

When it comes to what I do, I don't apologize and I'm not going to apologize for being able to do it well. If the fact that I'm good at my job intimidates you, that  is on you. Don't try to make me change the way I do my job, gossip, or go complain to the director. The fact that I do my job well intimidates you is a reflection of who you are, who you choose to be and that you may not know as much as you're trying to prove you do. I don't have anything to prove when it comes to my job, so I'm not going to play those silly, immature games with my co-workers of who knows most and whose better at their job. It's immature and unprofessional and I have better things to do.

We all have different things we're good at and we all have things we need to learn because we never know all there is to doing a job. We might know all there is to a certain position but we should all be learning from one another instead of proving we're just as good at our job as someone else. It's part of how working on a team works.

No comments:

Post a Comment