Thursday, August 1, 2013

Introduction

 
 
 
 

I started babysitting when I was twelve years old. Every summer during my teen years I had a babysitting job. After I graduated from high school I worked at the local YMCA taking care of members children while they worked out. This room was open from 8:30 to 12:30 every morning. When I got pregnant with my daughter I started to take care of a child in my home and eventually two. When my daughter turned three I went from taking care of children in my home to working in a child care center. Since then I've worked in two other centers and taken care of countless children. As you can see I've always worked with children. I've created this blog to share some of the experiences and things I've learned while working in Early Childhood Education. This blog will be more of a professional blog than a personal one and the only person's name I will use is my own.

For reference: When speaking about anyone but myself I will use co-teacher to mean a teacher that worked in the classroom with me. I will use co-worker for reference to anyone who worked in the center with me, director and assistant director-these two may also be referred to as administration, and  parents. When I refer to any children I've worked with they will be referred to as child, children, boy or girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment